Now more than ever, we need your help. The economy is down, and so are donations and grants. Foundations keep their money invested and like many individuals, have been dramatically affected. Most have cut back on giving and many limited thier previously national considerations to local ones.
Our Wish List
The state of our economy has brought an excess of horses that people are unwilling or simply cannot afford to feed or care for. We are also noticing a shrinking number of willing homes for adoption. Despite the fact that our expenses have not gone down, only up, with the needs of additional creatures. Our commitment to making this work will not be lowered. The needs of the animals are not affected by the movement of the stock market. There's a joke in there somewhere, though our donations are down, giving up is not an option. Please help us keep these doors open and to maintain the standards of love that we have committed. Now, more than ever, we need you!
- Homes : For wonderful horses. We have many horses that need an open heart and home. We also will have to find homes for 200 orphaned foals this season.
- Land : We operate this whole shebang on 2.75 acres. Every inch is in use and grazing pastures would greatly increase our abilities with starvation animals as well as the rest. The farm across the street is for sale, and although this request seems large, the demand for our services is pressing for expansion.
- Tack : Baby halters, lead ropes, and and all used horse equipment. We also try to offer 4H-ers equipment in our annual sale. It's never too early to start gathering.
- High Quality Hay and Grain: Because of limited grazing and the condition of many of the animals we inist on something worth feeding them. Quality in means quality out.
- 4X4 250 Pickup: For when we have to go in different directions at the same time. As we need to to more and more often.
- Horse Trailer: For the same reason as the Puckup. The antique quarter-sized spare is too small for full sized horses.
- Office Supplies and Stamps : To help run day-to-day operations.
- 4-Wheeler : To transport grain, hay and equipment between barns.
- Used Running Cars or Trucks : This is an idea from the Red Cross. It's tax deductible and its sale could raise significant funds!
- Gift Certificates : For feed stores, tack and other needed supplies.
- Money : The new foal barn, a vital part of our operation is still 40K in debt.
- A Dump Bed Trailer: To prevent the manure piles from igniting.
- Artificial Colostrum : Each serving costs $98.00 and each foal that needs it requires 1 serving. If you know a vet with extra, that would help us tremendously. Other supplies are constantly in demand. Please call Victoria at 740.594.4336 for details.
- Lime and Gravel : A couple of trucks worth now and then to help smooth out the settling process and reduce mud.
- New Tires : For the trucks and trailers.
- Wood Shavings : Baled shavings for the foals and truckloads of shavings for the stalls.
- Supplements: Many of the horses have suffered abuse or malnutrition. The supplement we use the most is Farrier's Formula.
- Medical Supplies: Bandages, antibiotics, ect. Please call Victoria at 740.594.4336 for details.
- Buckeye Mares Milk plus Formula
- Horse Equipment : New or used.
- Baby Halters : Did we mention this already? We expect 200 foals this year!!
- Sponsors for Foal and Horse Stalls : $1000 covers some of the cost of the stall and your name will be added to the door.
- Grant Information: If you have any or have fund raising ideas, please share them with us
- Anything Else : We can't stress this enough.